Welcome to the NSF Net-Centric and Cloud Software & Systems Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (NCSS) home page.
Our Center focuses on a collaborative approach of research and development in net-centric and Cloud systems. This allows us to draw on the expertise of industry and academia.
Net-Centric operations offer a computing model for the future. In this paradigm, we no longer view applications as having a fixed set of capabilities: we see them as a set of highly reliable services that are dynamically created from acquired services, then verified and validated in the field in real-time.
Cloud computing offers many advantages. NCSS conducts research on software development, resource management, SLA compilance, workload modeling, evalute emerging technologies for Cloud and net-centric environments,
Why Join Us
- Proven model optimized for collaboration between industry, government and academia
- Access to pre-competitive and basic research
- Leveraged "force multiplier" to accelerate generation of new ideas for product innovation
- Opportunities to network and partner with technology leaders and innovators
- A single point source for company and staff education on emerging technologies
- An expert source for company staff education and training in emerging technologies
- A targeted, low-risk, and cost-effective complement to selected in-house R&D
- Both royalty free non-exclusive and royalty bearing exclusive licensing available
- Access to trained workforce
- Opportunity to direct University research
- Opportunity to establish high-quality, long-term relationships with researchers
For an overview of what IUCRC centers do, click here.
How to join
A business can join the Center as an Industrial Member and sign a membership agreement with any of the Academic Institutions. Each Industrial Member is entitled to a representative on the Industrial Advisory Board that decides which projects will be funded from the pooled annual dues. Industrial Members have non-exclusive royalty-free access to research conducted by the center. Other licensing agreements are also available.
For further information about the Center or memberships, please contact Dr. Krishna Kavi, director of the Net-Centric Software & Systems Center at email@example.com or (940) 369-7216.
For a sample membership agreement, click here.
NCSS Enters Phase IIupdated: Apr 10, 2014 at 15:48 (14 days ago)
The original sites of Net-centric and Cloud Software and Systems (NCSS) IUCRC have entered their Phase II. UNT, UTD and SMU have completed 5 years as a NSF IUCRC and sought to continue operations for another 5 years as Phase II sites. NSF has approved the request.
Arizona State University, which joined the center in 2010 will be seeking to continue its operations as Phase II site in the near future.
New IAB Chairupdated: Oct 26, 2013 at 15:31 (6 months ago)
Mark Bowler has kindly agreed to serve as the next IAB Chair of our center. If you are an industry representative of the center, please communicate your ideas on how we can improve our center operations and how the center can better meet your needs to Mark.