|April IAB Meeting The next Industrial Advisory Board meeting of our IUCRC will be held on April 8, 2015, at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Texas, which is very cl... More...|
Welcome to the NSF Net-Centric and Cloud Software & Systems Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (NCSS) home page.
Our Center focuses on a collaborative approach of research and development in net-centric and Cloud systems. This allows us to draw on the expertise of industry and academia.
Net-Centric operations offer a computing model for the future. In this paradigm, we no longer view applications as having a fixed set of capabilities: we see them as a set of highly reliable services that are dynamically created from acquired services, then verified and validated in the field in real-time.
Cloud computing offers many advantages. NCSS conducts research on software development, resource management, SLA compilance, workload modeling, evalute emerging technologies for Cloud and net-centric environments,
Why Join Us
- Proven model optimized for collaboration between industry, government and academia
- Access to pre-competitive and basic research
- Leveraged "force multiplier" to accelerate generation of new ideas for product innovation
- Opportunities to network and partner with technology leaders and innovators
- A single point source for company and staff education on emerging technologies
- An expert source for company staff education and training in emerging technologies
- A targeted, low-risk, and cost-effective complement to selected in-house R&D
- Both royalty free non-exclusive and royalty bearing exclusive licensing available
- Access to trained workforce
- Opportunity to direct University research
- Opportunity to establish high-quality, long-term relationships with researchers
For an overview of what IUCRC centers do, click here.
How to join
A business can join the Center as an Industrial Member and sign a membership agreement with any of the Academic Institutions. Each Industrial Member is entitled to a representative on the Industrial Advisory Board that decides which projects will be funded from the pooled annual dues. Industrial Members have non-exclusive royalty-free access to research conducted by the center. Other licensing agreements are also available.
For further information about the Center or memberships, please contact Dr. Krishna Kavi, director of the Net-Centric Software & Systems Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (940) 369-7216.
For a sample membership agreement, click here.
April IAB Meetingupdated: Mar 09, 2015 at 16:04 (19 days ago)
The next Industrial Advisory Board meeting of our IUCRC will be held on April 8, 2015, at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Texas, which is very close to DFW airport.
In addition to Great Wolf Lodge, there are several other hotels nearby where you can find accommodations. Most of these facilities have shuttle picks from and to DFW airport.
As before, there will be presentations by faculty and students on their projects and proposals for new projects. The meeting will also include a reception and a poster session to network, meet our students and faculty and explore collaborations.
Detailed agenda can be found here.
Although there is no cost to attend the meeting, you need to register to attend. Please use the register link on in the left hand margin of this page.
Contact Krishna Kavi (email@example.com) or Debera Schelebo (Debera.Schelebo@unt.edu) if you have any questions about the meeting or our center.